Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Philippines, My Philippines part 1

2 hours before we’re supposed to leave for the airport: we were all packed and ready to go. Suddenly my boy started vomiting. We just let it pass coz I saw no other reason why he should vomit. 2 hours later: he vomited 4 times already. Samantha woke up, and suddenly she also vomited. So on the way to the airport, we decided to go to a children’s clinic to get them checked up. It’s better to be assured than travel without knowing what to do. The doctor gave Samantha suppository (for wind) and one for the boy, but instructed me to insert it just before we board the plane. We gave both of them medicine. Samantha took it but she screamed. Schenker boy hated it and vomited again! Of all the days to get sick, why, oh why did it happen this day when we’re ready to travel?
We reached the airport, checked in the luggage, went through the immigration, and waited for the boarding time. The boy vomited again. Gosh! What was happening! I really prayed hard… Pls Lord, let him stop vomiting. I went to the ladies and inserted the thing. Good thing he took it well. Samantha fell asleep. The boy did too. Thank God! Both of them were asleep!
We boarded the plane, got into our seats (CP has assigned seats by the way) and started to fly. Another thing to thank God: Both of them slept thru the flight! We reached Manila at 5:30 on Sunday morning. Our flight was the only flight that arrived that time, so passing thru immigration was not a hassle at all. I was actually anxious coz the last time we passed the immigration department, there was like 1,000 flights that came and the queue was very long. So I was already preparing myself for it. Then I realized no need to worry coz we were the only ones lining up the queue! Phew!
My sister came with CRV, borrowed from her boss. Took us out of the NAIA and looked for a place to have breakfast. The first place we spotted that was open was McDonald’s so we had McDo for breakfast. Our next flight was only at 11:00am so we had two hours to spare after breakfast so we decided to look for another place where we could hang around while waiting for the time. We spotted Starbucks at Blue Wave. That was really cool. We spent our two hours of wait there.
We drove to the Domestic Terminal. After we checked in, Peter saw a sign that said: Children’s Lounge! We looked for it and it was just next to the boarding room. Peter took the boy inside. It was really cool coz there lot of toys for children to play with. I and Samantha stayed at the waiting area coz our hand carry bags were not allowed inside the Kiddie Lounge. She vomited again. But she was okay after that. There were three Korean ladies that were waiting for their flight to Boracay and they had fun taking pix of Samantha. One of them asked me whether she could take photo of her and Samantha. I said yes, But of course, my eyes were watching like a hawk! We never know what stranger could do, right? But they looked nice. So it was okay.
We reached our final destination at 1:15pm and my parents were already waiting for us outside the terminal. I went to the door and waved at them. They looked at me but never recognized me! What happened to them? I guess it took them 15 minutes to recognize me. They said they saw me waving but they thought I was a different person and was waving at somebody behind them! It was really funny. I looked too beautiful they couldn’t recognize me, that’s what they said! Or maybe, they just didn’t wanna admit they’re getting too old already! Hahaha!. Anyways, after we reached our home, Schenker boy said. “I wanna go to the Philippines.” We were all laughing at him. We told him we were already here!
All in all, I was grateful to God for the smooth and safe trip.


for previous trips we had, see also:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin