Monday, November 10, 2008

Bali, Indonesia

I had a chance to go with hubby in one of the meetings he had which was organized in Bali, Indonesia. We left our boy with my parents-in-law. It was a 6 day trip. We stayed in Seminyak Hotel in Bali. Seminyak is a mixed tourist / residential area on the west coast of Bali just north of Kuta and Legian. Originally a separate township, this is now just another suburb of Kuta. Plenty of luxury villas & spas and hotels abound. Owing to its high density of high end shopping, combined with the clustering of many fine eating establishments, it has rapidly become one of the most well known tourist areas on the island.

One thing I loved about Bali was the souvenirs were so cheap. I got trinkets for like 3RM each. I also got a black sequined dress for 15RM (about 3US$). But of course, we had to have a local taking us to cheap souvenir shops. But another thing about Bali was that there were lots of beggars around. They were ethnic people coming down to Bali to beg for money and they even used babies/children so people would give them money. I tried giving 1,000Rupiah to one of them. One by one, beggars came and asked me if I could give them too. A friend quickly took us to a different place and warned us not to do it again, otherwise we would run out of money as they wouldn't stop begging until you leave. Well, I guess it's normal and universal.

Anyway... our trip to Bali was a very "fruitful" and a memorable one. 9 months after the trip, Samantha was born. Go figure. LOL.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin