So for those who need to renew their passports, these are the requirements if you're applying in a foreign country at Philippine Embassy:
- Present old passport and submit photocopy of passport pages 1-4 and the pages showing latest Bureau of Immigration departure and arrival stamps.
- Three (3) copies 1.77” x 1.37” new photos (colored with plain royal blue or dark blue background [matte paper preferred). Photo should show applicant in decent attire.
- In case passport being renewed is brown or issued prior to 01 May 1995, submit any document with complete middle name.
- For married women who chose to adopt surname of husband – Certified True Copy and photocopy of Marriage Contract issued by the National Statistics Office.
- Complete Passport Application Form.
- If applying by mail, pay with a Bank Draft payable to Philippine Embassy
If you're applying in a foreign country (Malaysia), you need to wait at least 30 days to collect your new passport. But take heart because they will only invalidate your old passport after getting your new passport.
However, if you're applying in Manila, Philippines, you can go to DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) in Pasay City.
If you are married to a foreigner and married in a foreign country, the requirements to renew passport is the same... except that you need to get the NSO copy of your marriage contract.
Where is the fastest NSO office to process the NSO copy of marriage certificate? There are many servilis offices but the one nearest to DFA office is in:
NSO Macapagal Branch
Ground Floor, Lifestyle Bldg. Hobbies of Asia
8 Diosdado Macapagal Blvd. Pasay City 1300
Tel # (02) 833-3780 / (02) 833-8842
You need to get two copies because DFA would need to take the original copy. And of course, the other original copy is for you to keep.
If you're applying in the Philippines, they have two kinds of processing:
1. Regular processing - the cost of the passport renewal is 500 Pesos only but you have to wait for 14 days to collect your passport.
2. Expedite processing - takes 7 working days and the cost of application is 750 Pesos.
It is very cheap in the Philippines.
However, if you're in Malaysia, the cost of passport renewal is RM192.50. I'm not sure how much it would cost to renew a passport in other countries. The photo studio that could take the right photo for passport, they say, is at Fotokem in Ampang. They are very strict with the photo requirements. So be sure to have the right photo, size, color before going to apply for a new passport.
I hope this one is helpful enough. I will add in more information here if I get new info.