Friday, February 6, 2009

A Short Visit to the Philippines

When u decide to follow your dreams the entire universe conspires in your favour... - Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist.
So I decided to pursue my dream to do a bit of traveling this year. I have been booking our tix online and just waiting for the dates to be able to go. However, there's one trip that I didn't plan but have to. My soon-to-be Philippine trip.
This is uncalled for. I didn't plan to... but I have to. I am going to the Philippines to renew my passport. I could do this in Malaysia, but since I don't have enough time to wait till I get my new passport (it takes about 30 days to process the new passport coz Philippines just implemented a new passport system - the machine readable passport, MRP) and my visa expires on the 25th of this month. I can't wait for 30 days because that would mean I would be overstaying here in Malaysia. I could apply for a special pass extension... but that would complicate things with my social visa in the future. So the best choice is to go back to the Philippines and renew my passport there.

Of course, I am happy to go back to the Philippines! And I have to maximize my stay there. Planner as I am, I have already a list of things to do while in the Philippines:

  1. Go to DFA office to renew my passport.
  2. Visit SM Mall of Asia. - Heard so much about it... I wanna see for myself. And do a bit of... wee bit of... shopping.
  3. Spend time with my sis Joy as she's going off to the US soon to join her husband.
  4. Visit my sister Jenie and her family in Zambales. It's been 4 years since I haven't seen them.
  5. Eat lechon baboy... the crispy lechon skin with a bit of fats underneath... goshy... *drooling*!
That's all, actually.

After I collect my passport, I am going to fly to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia to join my husband... and go for Mt Kinabalu expedition. I have been doing some training to be able to do and enjoy the climb. I already have a list of things to bring too. :D

How exciting can one's life get? Exciting as it may be, I'm still holding back a little coz I won't see my kids for two long weeks. Indeed, you can't have your piece of cake and eat it too, can you?

1 comment:

EADotCom said...

Your kids will appreciate you even more when you get back :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin